This course provides delegates with the skills, underpinning knowledge and behaviours that are required to work safely near or adjacent to DC conductor rails.
The aim of the course is to instruct delegates on correctly determining their responsibilities and duties when working on or near the line.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Delegates must be sponsored by a Link-Up approved company with a valid NCCA Site ID
- PTS competency must already be held as this course only covers the DC element
- Produce a valid Network Rail Track Safety Card showing a current medical and PTS Competency
- Produce a form of photographic ID (eg passport, photocard driving licence etc)
- Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness
- Meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/ L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be considered suitable to fulfil this safety critical role
Successful completion of the course will lead to the issue of a Network Rail Sentinel card showing PTS DCCR competency, which will remain valid for a further 2 years.
Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which must include a blue safety helmet, is required for the practical elements.
DCCR Initial and Re-Cert: One day, usually as an immediate follow-on from the PTS Initial or Re-Cert course.